View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 12:34 AM
mstad101

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
You make it sound so simple.

Ottawa went through a somewhat similar situation with Heatley who reported to camp and eventually got what he wanted.

Luongo has a NTC clause that must be honoured, he will report to camp (just like Heatley did), putting him on waivers means the Nucks get nothing (you can't honestly think Gillis would put Luongo where he gets absolutely zero assets in return.)
Considering that you are laying out every extreme there is I was only doing the same.
Do you honestly believe Gillis to sell Luongo at a discount?

Comeon if Luongo was Heatley, don't you think Gillis would have moved him before the CBA expired? Removing a problem like that would have been a better idea under the old CBA.
Luongo has been a true professional throughout this and has gone on record to working with Gillis and management very well.

There is no outside reason for Lu to want out, only since we have a younger cheaper and just as quality option is Lu even being discussed in trade. There was no public demand and there has been no bad blood between the tenders, both have expressed the utmost respect for one another. So please, explain how and outside perspective would know the two tenders many Canucks fans have been watching since 04 when Schneids was drafted and 06 when Luongo was acquired? I'd like to see who can tell me more about these guys that aren't their player agents, family or life long friends?