View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 12:35 AM
4evaBlue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs87 View Post
Having a team finish 2nd last and not having a pick is a terrible accomplishment. He got a great player yes, but he was not a franchise player and never will be. He Also traded away another 2 picks in a time where we were clearly rebuilding. This trade would have been great had we been competitive. We clearly were not and if Burke thinks we were I think thats an even bigger issue. Please tell me why you think this trade isn't questionable, and what good it has really done. Still no playoffs, and lets face it we lost out on Seguin. Don't give me the who knows how things should have went had we not made the trade. Because realistically it would have went the same if not worst, and maybe letting us draft 1st (either way Seguin would have been taken IMO) not to mention the 2 other picks. Im not going to mention Hamilton because that one I will agree we can't know how it would have went.
So we exchanged one good winger for another, and paid an extra first and 2nd rounder as premium for not having to wait 2-3 years for him to develop into an impact player. With or without Seguin, we're missing the playoffs, the only difference is that our current winger is producing at a much better rate.

4evaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote