Thread: AAA 2012 Draft
View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 01:03 AM
Dreakmur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Farkas View Post
I guess now I'll make a pick that could be subject to some ridicule...

Even though he's not known for it, better goals per game and points per game than Burrows. In fact, about .32 goals per game over the last four seasons. A fearless shot blocker, a player that plays against top competition quite often, a great leader, tireless worker, sublime penalty killer and fine goal-scorer...

Selke: 4th (6 first place votes), 10th and 64th once

C/RW Ryan Callahan

Ryan Callahan seen here doing man things.

Next pick forthcoming...
Why would anybody redicule that pick? It's actually a pretty good one - he's a great roleplayer here. I had him pegged as a possible 3rd or 4th line option from the start, and with McCarty (and no Buchberger gone), he was starting to climb to the top of my pile.

The only thing I disagree with is this... He does score a little more than Burrows over the last 4 years, but he's on New York's first PP unit. I think he actually has been their leading PP goalscorer over the past 3 seasons. Burrows, on the other hand, received only spot-duty on the PP until last season when he managed to earn 2nd unit time. Why does that matter? Well, Burrows won't get much PP time with us, and I assume Callahan won't get much with you. That's going to significanty take away from Callahan's production, while it won't impact Burrows nearly as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudsBuster View Post
To add some more sand paper, Pk capabilities if need be, a physical guy full of grit RW KElly Buchberger.
I think I actually wanted him moer than McCarty.

Seventies had convinced me that McCarty was a better 4th liner, but I still thought Buchberger brought a little more to the table with his PK abilities. McCarty might be the best 4th liner in the draft, but that's all he can do.

Dreakmur is offline   Reply With Quote