2013 Canada World Junior team - anyone care to take a stab?
View Single Post
11-17-2012, 02:36 AM
Join Date: Nov 2012
What I think will happen (with some explanation/commentary) based on Hockey Canada's tendencies. I'd personally love to see Adam Lowry, Drouin, Ryan Pulock but alas my dreams are slain by common sense.
Given that Canada has such depth in D prospects and a weak group of 94 forwards, I think it makes sense to go with 12F/8D. If Hockey Canada wants to give multiple draft-eligible forwards (Drouin/Shinkaruk/Domi/Lazar) a shot in selection camp then cool, but I think they should roll 8 deep on D.
- with a year of NHL experience, should be put with MacKinnon à la Bergeron/Crosby in 2005.
- the real forward locks end here. People saying any other forward is a lock are homers/trolls/idiots.
- scores a ton, Good-Alberta-Boy should have made it last year on home-ice, should be top 6 winger.
- probs #1 pick, huge hype, should be 1st/2nd line winger rather than 13th forward.
- great all around game. Possibly best defensive forwward on team.
- don't know why he's not getting more mentions. 200 PTS in 230 CHL games (usually on crap PA Raider teams) so he can score, also terrific defensive game, was a top 20 pick, brings beef to small-ish team, was invited to camp last year.
Phil Di Giuseppe
- I'd rather see Charlie Hudon, but they usually take a college guy, so congrats Phil.
- not really a fan, doesn't score enough to justify 16th overall pick, but seems like an ideal 4th liner.
- for me, edges out Shinkaruk because of size and better defensive game.
lines something like:
Huberdeau - Nuge - MacKinnon
Strome - Scheifele - Rattie
Di Giuseppe - Jenner - McNeill
Danault - Monahan - Wilson
- best D-Man outside NHL?? Playing in OHL is unfair.
- token "Player-from-coach's-team"
- only flaw is bizarre spelling of last name.
- logs big minutes, moves puck, solid defense.
- Hockey Canada gets off on tall blueliners (see: Oleksiak, Jamieson)
- I think Dumba has captained Canada twice at U18 level, scores lots of goals, throws huge hits. Can't believe I'm leaving Ceci off with eight defensemen.
Pair em however you like. Didn't Rielly & Reinhart play together as kiddies, that would be a cute pair.
- everyone's presumed starter.
As we saw last year, as far as goalies go, if you get invited to camp, its often whoever does best there who makes the team. So its really a toss-up between Brossoit/Binnington/whoever else you like.
But for everyone pushing Fucale, remember that no draft-eligible goalie has made the team since Marc-Andre Fleury in '03. Carey Price (5th overall in 2005) didn't make WJC year before his draft. So I guess my point is Fucale would have to be damn impressive to make it.
Sorry for posting a novel.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by HejdasGonnaHate