View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 03:12 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Pitlick and Hamilton had all of last season, a lengthy post season run and the first chunk of this season to show what they've got. It is absolutely zero. Time to give ice time to offensive players that actually produce.
Hamilton was hurt for that postseason run. However if one of them had to be sent to the E it should be him instead of Pitlick. As it stands Pitlick is on the 3rd line and in Hamilton's case he hasn't been above the 3rd line all season long. Rajala has no shot at being a player for the Oilers going forward and neither does Cornet, I doubt that their additions to the Barons would be enough to offset the loss of developmental time for Pitlick in particular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
This. Rajala and Cornet have earned to be given a chance in the AHL. Bring one or both of them up and send some of Lander/Pitlick/Hamilton to the ECHL. A dozen games into the season, the three 2nd rounders from 2009 and 2010 have the pathetic 3 points between them. Add in Paajarvi, who is not exactly lighting it up and I guess the Oilers may not be as good at drafting and development as fans like to believe.
Lander or Pitlick to the ECHL is a non starter, while they haven't been adding offense they have been providing other things of value, faceoffs and grit in Lander's case and physical play in Pitlick's case. It's obviously a faster league with the lockout going on so I don't see Cornet doing much, Rajala might be able to generate some offense and I wouldn't be opposed to giving him some time with Arcobello and Pitlick and see how that works out.