View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 05:48 AM
Estimated_Prophet

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Bear Pig View Post
I'd have Reyes and Melky 1-2 all season long, especially vs RHP. This is what I'd do all year-

Reyes
Cabrera
Bautista
EE
Lawrie
Rasmus
Lind/(hopefully Gomes)
Izturis/Bonafacio
D'arnaud(hopefully he's ready)

That's the lineup I'd run out every day, I'm assuming of course that we sign Gomes, there really needs to be a platoon situation with Lind and Gomes absolutely mashes LHP. Ideally, you'd like the DH position, given our two best hitters are right handed, to be a big left handed power bat, but Lind and Gomes in a platoon situation can still provide good offense, somewhere in the ballpark of a .850 OPS is a reasonable expectation. I don't like the idea of having 3 straight right handed bats so maybe switch Lawrie with someone but still, The top 4 shouldn't be touched. The lineup really is molding into a legit scary offense. Two switch hitters who get on base and one who provides plenty of speed, big time power at 3 and 4, and a good mix of power, switch hitting ability and speed from 5-9.
Doesn't really work as you have 3 consecutive RH hitters followed by two consecutive LH hitters (Rasmus and Lind). They need to be more staggered in order to protect the lineup from late inning specialsits.

P.s. Gomes was traded........