Thread: Prospect Info: 2012-2013 Prospect Talk PART IV
View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 06:58 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
I remember the same. There was some talk from McKenzie that the Oilers were considering taking Reinhart #1 overall. It made sense considering their need for a big time defense prospect and the fact that Reinhart plays like right there so you have to think they were very familiar with him.

I wanted Forsberg, but Reinhart was ranked #4 and Button called it (I'm not a fan of his, but he did call Strome the year before). Considering all factors, Reinhart was a very good pick AND he was pretty much the BPA at #4 according to McKenzie and Button. I know that the Draft is all about hyperbole, I did hear from one of those guys that big Griff could be the best player in the draft class when it's all said and done. I hope they are right and these guys are not Internet armchair GM's like all of us.
Thank you. You saved me from having to go back and search, for the final predraft rankings and comments.

I also remember reading that Edmonton wanted Reinhart and was considering trading down a few spots.