View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 07:52 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonjmc View Post
I don't know who came up with this idea from the owners side, but it is absolutely brilliant. I strongly suspect that this will be seen as the turning point in these negotiations, just give it a little time to play out.
I dunno Jon, how stupid does Bettman have to be, to not think this gets leaked to the press by the PA?

It reeks of desperation and is the mark of a poor leader who is out of ideas to fulfill his promise to the owners of "big gains" on contracts and revenue division:

http://mobile.philly.com/sports/?wss...viewAll=y#more

One thing new I learned from this article that I completely forgot about, is that Bettman only needs 7 votes if he wants veto power, since Phoenix is owned by the league. Even more power in the hands of the man who has no concern for the integrity of the league.

The only positive is that the article states Snider and the Pens realize Bettman is making a mockery of their sport and both teams are making a push to get this deal done, before any further damage is done.

Quote:
Despite their on-ice rivalry, there seems to be some thinking that the Flyers are interested in teaming up with the midmarket but high-revenue Pittsburgh Penguins to sway more governors toward a swift resolution. The Rangers are also viewed as anti-lockout.

Last edited by Mr Jiggyfly: 11-17-2012 at 08:10 AM.