View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 09:26 AM
Maineice11

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltrangerfan View Post
Owners are cracking? My view they need a partial season but cracking? No. League revenues were increasing nicely so the owners have no desire to break any momentum. Players will get a decent compromise but need to come forward with a new proposal. Else, owners will wait.

Players want to play hockey now? Yes. My guess is that the players have been told that the owners are bending, the sides are close, and they'll see a deal soon. The two week hiatus has has them confused.

My guess, talks...soon possibly FRiday after Thanksgiving and we're still on target for A Dec 1 deal +/- a few days.

The sad truth is that whatever deal comes down could have taken place early in the process. Each side was looking to get leverage on the other.
I agree, but my concern is that even if they get back to negotiating on Friday, they have to cancel 2 more weeks of games, it just has too much uncertainty unless they have plow through on Friday and have an agreement by the end of their meeting.

I truly believe that if the nhl came with a reasonable offer in july we would have been playing hockey by now, I blame bettman!