View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 09:27 AM
Atomos2
#theProspectsGrim

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Ferraro is the same genius who gave us the Patrick Stefan quote. Hardly a good source.

He's certainly above the average Junior skater, but it's not like he's head and shoulders better than, say, Murray or Murphy. Of the NHL skaters, I don't think he quite matches up to someone like Karlsson, or even Fowler. He seems closer to Campbell's skating than he does Coffey.

I'm not saying Rielly isn't a terrific skater. He is, and he should only get better, but to compare him to Coffey he had better look like the best skater in the world, IMO. I think McKenzie is being overly generous with a comparison like that.
I'll take back what I said about Murphy not being as fast as Rielly. (Not sure if that was exactly what I said, but I feel I didn't give Murphy's speed much respect.) I'm watching Kitchener vs Erie right now and I just saw Murphy race for a puck at full speed (or pretty close) to get a breakaway. I'd say he's prolly as fast as Rielly. But I think Rielly uses his full speed and skating more efficiently and more often.

Side note: This Mcdavid kid is pretty cool to watch.

Atomos2 is offline   Reply With Quote