Old
11-17-2012, 10:25 AM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKP View Post
I dunno, maybe I'm in the minority, but I have just come to accept these stoppages as part of the big league package. I really don't care that they aren't playing right now and I'll be happy to watch again when they get it figured out. I'll still get my kids some Isles stuff for Christmas because they like the team and like to wear the logo.

At the end of the day, I don't care enough about their fight to muster the energy to get angry. Being angry takes energy, I'd rather use the energy elsewhere.

Maybe because I have other options (like the Mooseheads with MacKinnon and Drouin, the 6+ times a week I'm in the rink with my kids, the night I play in my beer league, the great university hockey in town), but I'm happy to wait until the NHL and players get their crap sorted out and I don't feel any real animosity to boycott or anything.

Solve your crap and let me know when you're done.

I would accept these stoppages if they were putting a true effort to resolving it. But when moron Bettman says lets take 2 weeks off, that's bull.

I'm not angry or wasting any additional energy or getting mad, just that when I shop this holiday season I will avoid anything NHL. The only hockey fans I buy for are my brother and I. So it won't be to difficult cause there are numerous other things to choose from to buy for both of us.

This is only a boycott for me while they're not playing. When they return I'll support.