View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 11:32 AM
CoasttoCoast

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by upinarms View Post
Great recap, but I would sooner hear your comments on the game you attended (if you did attend one) than a recap from "POINTSTREAK". I was at SF game. Martin did not play that bad. First goal was a little soft but second goal they crashed net and drove everthing including the puck in. Martin was injured and never returned. Howe made a few very good saves, but was not tested regularly. Zawadski made a few spectacular saves and won the game for Nepean. SF were all over them in 3rd period. Both teams defense was suspect. Mannicia best player on ice.
Agree. A re-cap based on Pointstreaks, shot count is fun to read, and I enjoyed reading it, but picking game stars from the shot count (done by volunteers) not realistic.

Nepean over Smith Falls 2-1
No second line tonight for Nepean, Norris took warm-up but did not play, Yarwood in the stands as well. Plus Diaz on defense not dressed. I was a little disappointed Nepean didn't have a better line-up.
Goulet had to fashion together a second line, Hodgson, Herlihey, Nasca. But really he had Hedges line 1 and then 2a, 2b, 2c.
Hedges line generated chances in the first 2 periods and 2a,b, & c did Ok with the extra ice time considering they were playing the top team in the league.
I thought Neil was the best forward on the ice for either team.
Smith Falls was physical early but as the game went on it was pretty even. Watt and Milito landed big hits, Smith Falls tagged Hedges a couple times which is very important to slow him down.
3rd period all Smith Falls, didn't matter what Nep. line was on, they couldn't get the puck out of their end. Not just the defense fault, as matter of fact I would say the defense bent but didn't break under the heavy Smith Falls pressure. Smith Falls hit the crossbar early in the 3rd and kept the puck in Nep. end for most of the 3rd, but generated a surprising few great scoring chances out of it. Very impressed with Smith Falls Speed, breakout and fore-check, Mannicia, Crete etc. very fast, the big forwards were effective at times as well. SF PK lived up to billing, almost got a shorty. Smith Falls showed a surprising lack of finish, bad luck, good goalie?
Anyways, Smith Falls deserved a least a point but it was a gutsy effort from Nepean.
Was Smith Falls missing anyone significant??