View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 11:35 AM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiebottles View Post
I think Barkov could go #2. He has always played up in his age category and was in the FEL at 16. No player gets to play in the FEL at 16 unless they are something special. He is also not even playing on a level playing field compared to other prospects who are in junior because he is playing against men. He is also 6"2 200 Pounds. That is an NHL frame right there.

Anybody else see that he has 23 points in 22 games in the FEL ?
Like I said, the only major concern is that he's already peaked. Because he's already huge (it wouldn't surprise me 200 pounds is an understatement) and plays such a mature game, you'd never guess his age if you didn't know. Because he might be the best player in SM-liiga right now.

If he has a strong WJC, he could end up fighting for #1. I think a lot of people are skeptical because he's Finnish. There's legitimate reasons to think Mackinnon and Lindholm have higher upsides since they are more explosive, but I have yet to see anything but fatigue slow down Barkov.

Quote:
Craig Button ‏@CraigJButton

Last tweet of night. 1:45 AM in Finland! I feel Aleksander Barkov merits serious consideration for 1st overall in 2013 NHL Draft. He's good!