View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 10:36 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
And another thing....funny how "stupid penalties" seems to be always worst on players that seemingly has the most attitude issues....I've seen A LOT of stupid penalties taken from almost everybody on the team from lazyness to roughing and all. Yet, when Beaulieu does it.....or Subban....hey shoot the guy. Mind you, I have no problem with Lefebvre sitting a kid who will most likely use that time to reflect on his game. You can even not dress him for 1 or 2 games. But it's the reaction towards a NORMAL development curve for a high-end prospect like him that makes me laugh. Somehow, even your last Norris trophy winner was seen as an incredibly liability defensively (though some will say he still is...), yet, you can improve from that and can make a living out of not being a safe and sound d-man. People one day will realize that players who keeps shooting the puck in the glass and always stay behind will ALWAYS look better. But players, young ones, who you count on to distribute the puck, skate with it and produce, will often be blasted....
There's a difference, and I'm not going to qualify that gap, between taking a stupid a penalty in the heat of the action and taking a stupid penalty way after the whistle right next to the ref. I hope he gets his cool back, otherwise imho there's no learning going on, only frustration building up.