View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 10:55 AM
The Flower
Feel Aflie's Wrath!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveChrisNeil View Post
haha anyone who watched Hossa as a Sen know just to ignore an ignorant post like that.
Lol take it with a grain of salt. Opinions like that were only formulated as a result of the Sens getting dominated by the Leafs in the playoffs a handful of times back in the day. Perhaps on paper we should have won, but the Leafs typically out smarted and out muscled us, leaving Ottawa fans frustrated. The media labeled us as soft and Leaf fans everywhere made fun of us, treating us like the younger brother both on and off the ice. When you get beaten down like that and you hear about it everywhere you go, it wears on you psychologically and it causes you to lash out in anger. Guys like Hossa and Alfie were caught in the cross hairs as people looked for answers and their heart and leadership was questioned. All this seems laughable now when you see how Hossa's (and Alfie's) career has progressed.

So a post like that isn't neccessarily ignorant, it could just be a result of misplaced blame. To each his own though. When I was looking to cope, I filled my heart with hate towards Cujo and Belfour; the real reasons behind our undoing!