View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 12:19 PM
aresknights

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSA View Post
Its a lot easier to fleece a team when a player states that he will only accept a trade to a handful of teams (and London is almost always one of those teams). No doubt that Mark Hunter is still one of the best (and Dave Reid was one of the worst) but let's be honest here, if there were more teams allowed in the mix then the cost would have been much higher for Austin Watson. And if what Mark gave was up to Peterborough was the most he would give then there's no doubt that Watson would have landed elsewhere.
Yes the KNights have a bit of an adv in that they are a desirable location for a # of reasons- most to do with how the Hunters have run this program.

But Watson was a different type scenario. Sarnia stepped up and thought they had a deal. It fell thru (not suprisingly) After that Watson told em since ya dont want me move me Im done after the world jr. ANother deal with Ktown fell thru ( see a pattern here?) and the PEtes were left with no competition in the buyers market (thru no fault of their own) MArk swept in and got him 50 cents on the dollar. Opportunistic I say.