View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 12:26 PM
Yakushev72

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statsy View Post
As for the RNH question, I submit this quote to you from the man himself:

"If it comes up, I’m definitely going to talk about it more,” Nugent-Hopkins said Saturday. “Eberle had great success there and so did Taylor and they’re two good guys to talk about that sort of thing. If I do get that opportunity, it’s something I would take because it’s always an honour to play for Canada.”

I also can't imagine Eberle or Hall saying to him "don't go", considering how big the tournament was for each of them. Obviously anything can happen between now and then (including a labour settlement - of course that seems like the least likely scenario at the moment), but it looks like he is good to go.
I don't know whether he will accept an invitation or not (in one statement in your quote, he appears to say, "I'll do it," but in others he appears to him and haw and dance around a commitment). I will be extremely surprised if I see him there. You may think that's wishful thinking, but if he was so certain that he would jump at the chance, why would it be necessary to "talk about it more" with Eberle and and Taylor. For them, the situation was totally different because they were still playing in the juniors at the time of participation. In my mind, the biggest factor is having to go all the way to Ufa, which is closer to Siberia than it is to Moscow. Its 8 or 9 time zones away, and that reeks havoc on your body. He would have to be there almost 3 weeks, so it would be a supreme act of patriotism if he goes.