Thread: Prospect Info: 2012-2013 Prospect Talk PART IV
View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 12:44 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
I think Columbus screwed up Filatov. Who's to say what would have happened if he was drafted by another team and received support and was given top 6 minutes ? He was pretty much Niederreitered his rookie season, made the team, but was put on the 3rd or 4th line. He still wound up scoring an NHL hat trick. I often wondered what would have happened if he had been picked by the Isles, with the Isles picking Petrov later in the draft. I bet Filatov would have made the team like Bailey did. I wonder how he would have done.

That being said, he's only 22, and currently 2nd in scoring on a very low scoring UFA Salavat team. The team leader is 27 and the 3rd highest scorer is 34. I wouldn't write Filatov off just yet.
5'10 Filatov's lack of size, his lack of physical presence and his soft defense screwed Filatov. Columbus' coaches demanded he work to improve defensively.

Given the choice between working on his game in the AHL and making much more money in the Europe, Filatov went to Europe.

As for his scoring ability, in his current European league...Isles Rhett Rkashani is one of the leading scorers in the SEL right now. WooHoo!