View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 12:50 PM
Antropovsky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky_83 View Post
Already showing some good IQ with the plays he's making out there. You can tell the kind of player he's going to be. Unbelievable offensive potential with the IQ to be at the very least an average defensive player. A great future top-4 defenseman and PP QB for the Leafs.

IMO his hype train will be similar to Justin Schultz in a year or two here. A level above Gardiner's.
Reilly is being said to be the best defensemen in the draft, and even just maybe the best player in the draft, by a couple respected hockey people at least anyhow. With all due respect to Schultz and Gardiner whom are great prospects, but years ahead in terms of age. Until now, both players have been projected as top pairing defenseman, but I don't think anyone has gone so far as to call them, franchise players. Personally as a leaf fan, i think Gardiner overachieved slightly, I don't see him as a franchise player and am not completely convinced he's even a top pairing defenseman.. Im still hesitant to jump on that bandwagon just yet. From what I've seen thus far, speed is the only thing that Gardiner might have an ever so tiny edge over rielly on, but in terms of agility, puck skills and offensive instincts, rielly is significantly better. With that being said, Ive never seen Schultz in action, other than YouTube highlights. But In those highlights I seen more agility, puck control (overall offensive flair) then those of Gardiner.

Reilly

Schultz
Gardiner

Long story short, i think us leaf fans are expecting more from Reilly then the Gardiner/Schultz hype.