View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 12:55 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
Trying to change the definition of what revenues are included in the players share of the revenue, contract structure, ufa age, etc. Not to mention not making good on contracts they handed out as late as one day before the lock out.

Yeah the NHL is just trying to lower percentages only.
We don't know who exactly asked for what, but reports were that he owners wanted more COSTS included in HRR. Meanwhile, the players also wanted the definition of HRR changed - they wanted some additional REVENUES (which frankly, were only vaguely tangential to hockey) included in HRR. But, both sides pretty much agreed to keep HRR unchanged weeks ago and we haven't heard anything about this issue since then.

Your post seems to argue that this the status quo is the appropriate, fair structure for the CBA and therefore the players are "entitled" to something from the owners for everything they "give up". I think this is the underlying stance of many posters on the board who are pro-player and perhaps a good portion of the players themselves as well. This is a fundamental misunderstanding - the owners position is that the current system is NOT working and they are pushing for a net give from the players (when compared to the previous deal).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Ed Snider is getting nervous. Comcast needs programming. http://mobile.philly.com/sports/?wss...viewAll=y#more
As I've maintained all along, I'm simply in favor of whatever it'll take to get a deal done. Reports are Snider is shifting to a more moderate position and would be in favor of a deal with just the concessions gained to date? Fabulous. Get'er done.