View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 12:56 PM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

vCash: 500
RE: Knapp - the biggest issue (as it has been) was certainly rebound control, it was pretty bad. Though, he has to play eventually so I don't get the big deal over starting him last night. Would they have won with Leggio? While I agree Leggio likely would've stopped at least one of those goals that went in, who knows. I posed the question on Twitter, at some point do they swap Lieuwen and Knapp to get Knapp some steady minutes in the ECHL?

Foligno was a beast last night, seems like he played 10+ in the third alone, he was out there constantly.

JGL looked terrible early on but I thought he quieted his game down (as in, less noticeable, which was good) as the game went on. I'll allow him a few games to shake off the rust.

I didn't see the problem with Brennan last night. He's not good in the d-zone, we all know that, but don't think that means he dismisses the defensive game. He is engaged in the d zone and doesn't mind getting his hands dirty, he just tends to lose his man and/or get out of position way too often. His offense more than makes up for it at the AHL level though.

I thought Girgensons was actually pretty solid last night. Very much engaged physically and was doing a lot of little things right but you can tell he's still trying to adjust to the speed of the game offensive.

Luke Adam is so frustrating to watch. At one point, in the 3rd period, Mancari was engaged in a puck battle in the corner in the offensive zone. Luke Adam was just to his left along the boards in a support position. You could see Mancari noticed him and was trying to get the puck to him. Inexplicably, Adam then just slowly drifted out more towards the center of the ice leaving Mancari without an out. As soon as that happened, Mancari knocked it free to where Adam was previously (and should've still been) and Abbottsford grabbed it and headed out of the zone. You could tell Mancari was baffled as his head snapped around to see where Adam went and just kind of lifted his hands in a "WTF are you doing" type of manner.

Varone is fast, and I like it.

Roy/Schofield/Tarnasky was a solid trio, yet again...shocking. Nasty was leaning over the boards chatting with the Abbottsford bench for most of the 3rd period when he wasn't on the ice.

I absolutely love Alex Biega as an AHL player.

Buffalo87 is offline   Reply With Quote