View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 01:20 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
To put it simply before his injury last year Hall was on pace for 35 goals and 71 points in his 2nd NHL season. He did this facing some the toughest competition in the NHL. Eberle and Nugent both up good numbers with the benefit of favorable line matchups and zone starts. This wasn't the case for Hall. He played the toughest minutes and still dominated.
I haven't seen the sabremetrics yet but I did notice Hall was scoring at a good clip. "On pace" are some famous last words though. By the way, what statistic would you suggest I look at when evaluating how good a player is and why?

Anyways, I'm just trusting what I see with my eyes. I see speed, desire, and a decent shot...and not much else. Perhaps someone can point me to a game or play where he showed elite hands, vision, playmaking, play-creating, creativity, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
Lol, if Yak turns out to be a better Marleau, Edmonton fans would be very happy with that, Marleau is a fantastic player.
Ok, that's cool. Given the hype around the time he was drafted, I thought he was potentially just short of a generational talent...but we all tend to get overexcited at draft time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure All Day View Post
As a non-Oilers fan, I expect him to be better than marleau
Why? What do you see that I don't? Break it down for me. I like watching the Oilers, Eberle in particular. But, for example, other than speed, I don't see what sets Hall apart from a guy like Evander Kane.

Registered User is offline   Reply With Quote