View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 02:08 PM
ponder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
They're both offensively dynamic defence with average to solid d-zone skills...
Pulock and Rielly are very different players, which is exceptionally obvious when you see them both play. Pulock has a better shot, is better defensively, and is more physical. Rielly is a better skater, a better puck handler, a better puck mover, and just a more shifty and dynamic offensive player in general. I think they're both going to be very good dmen in the NHL, but they aren't particularly similar in terms of the way they play the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
Can someone explain to me how this guy isn't thought of as a surefire top 5 pick? He seems to have it all. Is the draft really this good that he could fall out of the top ten?
Almost nobody is considered a surefire top 5 pick in this draft. There are just so many good prospects: MacKinnon, Jones, Barkov, Drouin, Monahan, Lindholm, Nichushkin, Ristolainen, Shinkaruk, Lazar, Morrissey, Zadorov, Nurse, etc. I'm starting to think that Pulock is becoming a highly likely top 10 pick, but top 5 will still be tough, just because there's so much competition for those spots.

ponder is offline   Reply With Quote