View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 02:15 PM
Beleafer4

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gojackets1 View Post
Can someone explain to me how this guy isn't thought of as a surefire top 5 pick? He seems to have it all. Is the draft really this good that he could fall out of the top ten?
Well this top 5 is hard to crack in with guys like Mak, Jones, Barkov, Monahan, Drouin/Lindholm.

But yea he is there. I really like him and am laughing at the thought of him dropping to 15 (as so many scouts think he might). As far as Im concerned, he has very low risk, and medium/ high reward.

Good size, excellent IQ, good defense, excellent shot, accurate passing, good positioning and nice reach, great character and maturity. I know he wasnt the best defenseman in the first WHL Subway Series game but the guy was playing with older top 10 picks and he wasnt the worst imho.

Maybe the only thing that he could boost is his physicality but I wouldnt say thats a weakness. His stickhandling isnt that good either, but his game doesnt involve it so its a nonfactor personally. Also not that creative, but again, not his game. I hope burke is able to get another top 15 pick if this guy makes it there. I can see him as an effective nhl'er.

Beleafer4 is offline   Reply With Quote