View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 02:15 PM
Justinov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElHefe View Post
I've been very positively surprised the way danes have had an impact in Finland's hockey. Danes are good all-round players with very few weaknesses. Are there actually any danish NHL-player who is not playing in Finland?
Peter Regin is the last and he has been rumoured for Lukko the last couple of weeks, but we are all still waiting.

Otherwise there is 3 danes in AHL (goalie-giant Frederik Andersen and the 2 Lauridsen brothers, Markus and - also a giant - Oliver, on defence) but they are not on lockout. So SM-liiga has basically aquired most of the danish talent available (Nicklas Jensen as really the only "star"-exception).

I think it's the swedish hockey education that have turned many danish players into responsible two-way forwards. They are really fitting for any NHL 3'rd line to begin with. They will rarely be a top6-or-bust. The danish league is very forward minded (and somewhat defensively weak) so when a young promising player comes to Sweden he can also learn the defensive aspect of the game.
5 out of 6 danish NHL'ers are forwards and Philip Larsen is an offensive defender. That is no coincidence in my oppinion. Apparently the class of 1995 should start to bring more good d-men prospects for Denmark.
Funny enough the Swiss situation is reverse. Of their NHL'ers they have 1 goalie, 5 defenders and just recently got some young forwards pushing for NHL rosters (Brunner, Bärtschi and Niederreiter).

Justinov is offline   Reply With Quote