View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Roof Daddy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfong View Post
Tbh i think he plays like Jay Bouwmeester. All around solid and potential to be top pairing.
I can agree with this. I think he'll show a bit more on ice passion, but for the most part very similar in style and demeanour. And that's where I tend to lean towards Reilly as the better prospect. JBo came in and was successful early on, leading everyone to think he'd have continued development, but really there wasn't much room for his game to grow. He was already an elite skater and good decision maker, but he was never going to develop a nastiness or physical side to his game, nor was his shot or the ability to get it away. I see the same pattern for Murray IMO. In the end you get a helluva player, but is he a true number 1/first pairing guy? I'm not so sure.

Reilly on the other hand, I see his game growing because he is willing to take risks jumping up in the play. There may be some hard lessons along the way, but eventually he will learn a proper sense of timing - much like EK in Ottawa. At the end of the day it comes down to preference, but I prefer the more dynamic player in Reilly.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote