View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 03:48 PM
LeTigre

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik To Daniel View Post
What a joke. Henrik Sedin has put up 75 or more points every year since the lockout (7 years).

Alfredsson wasn't a late bloomer? Is that why he had his highest point total in his career at the age of 32?

And how does Alfredsson have a better playoff resume than the Sedins? Alfie has a 0.81 career PPG in the post season while Henrik and Daniel are sitting at 0.75 and 0.71 respectively.

Alfredsson and the Sedins have both lead their teams to a Cup final so I don't see how he is more successful in the playoffs. In fact, if I recall, the Sens got embarrassed in 5 games as opposed to the Canucks losing in 7.
They have many major similarities, all things considered.

-Olympic golds all around (of note: Alfredsson led the Swedes in scoring)
-Finals appearances all around (of note: Alfredsson led the playoffs in scoring)
-One 100 point season each (of note: Henrik and Daniel led the league in scoring respectively)
-Consistency in reaching the 70-plus point plateau (Alfredsson-10, Henrik-7, Daniel-6)

What I have a problem with is your assertion that a late-round draft pick Calder winner was a late bloomer. Very counterintuitive. His peak was in his 30's? That means he was consistently good from the moment he entered the league. The Sedins, being high picks and all, were the late bloomers, and if anything, those mediocre seasons were the difference between Alfredsson and the Sedins' HHOF chances at this juncture. His PPG average is superior.

Anyhow, should they continue to produce at a high level and get closer to the point a game mark, they will have a good shot. They'll have to lead the charge to some sort of victory though, as their 'unclutch' factor is problematic (Alfredsson led the Swedes to Gold, and rewrote the SEL record book in the lockout year en route to a championship). And one final point, I don't consider Alfredsson to be a lock. He's close, but two lockouts hurt his chances.

LeTigre is offline   Reply With Quote