View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 04:28 PM
franfrey*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered User View Post
I'm just trusting what I see with my eyes. I see speed, desire, and a decent shot...and not much else. Perhaps someone can point me to a game or play where he showed elite hands, vision, playmaking, play-creating, creativity, etc.

Why? What do you see that I don't? Break it down for me. I like watching the Oilers, Eberle in particular. But, for example, other than speed, I don't see what sets Hall apart from a guy like Evander Kane.
If you'd watch the Oilers play often enough, you'd notice just to what extent Taylor Hall can dominate some hockey games. Without him in the lineup, the Oilers offence is almost non-existent.

As someone who watched around 80 Oilers games and 40 Jets games last year, I can tell you that Hall has wayyyyy more hockey sense than Kane. Kane relies more on his slightly better shot to score goals often from long range, whereas Hall relies on his great positioning to score goals in the slot or at the side of the net. Hall dishes the puck a lot better than Kane (probably Evander's biggest weakness) and if ever he develops softer hands, he can become a 50 goal scorer for sure in this league (considering he whiffs on 80% of his many many breakaways).

franfrey* is offline   Reply With Quote