View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 04:51 PM
CupofOil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
Pitlick and Hamilton look like busts right now. Neither look close at all to being NHL players and have shown absolutely zero at the AHL level to suggest they will get there. Both are bad AHL players. Now I haven't done the research on it, and honestly wouldn't even know where to start, but I would love to see how many players become valuable contributing NHL players after such abysmal starts to their pro careers.

I remember we had hopes for Pitlick becoming a Ryan Kesler like player for us. Well he isn't even close to what kind of a player Kesler was at the same age.
It's ridiculous for you to say that Pitlick is close to a bust. Seems like a post from somebody who looks at stats and hasn't watched many games.
Pitlick was one of the better Barons towards the end of the season last year and in the playoffs, he has also had some excellent games this season. I have rarely seen a player so snakebitten, he has hit several posts and has come close to scoring on numerous occasions, he also brings a physical element to the game which few Oilers forwards and prospects do.

I would also like to see him score more and he certainly has the ability with his speed and shot but he is far from a bust. I'll bet that he is in the NHL within 2 years.
Hamilton, on the other hand, i don't have much faith in.
Also, Rajala and Cornet have virtually no chance to be NHLers so what's the point in sending Pitlick down to bring one of them up, the AHL is a developmental league for future NHLers.

Last edited by CupofOil: 11-17-2012 at 04:56 PM.