View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 05:08 PM
ColonialsHockey10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Kreider has to learn how to produce in less than "ideal" circumstances too. He isn't always going to playing "his game" under Tortorella--he's going to be playing a dump and chase sort of game up in the NHL too, with linemates that have less talent than he does. At some point, if he's really that good, he's going have to make the players he's playing with better, rather than rely on those players to make him better. That's the mark of an excellent player.

In any case, my argument is that he's in the process of learning what he needs to do to be a professional hockey player. No more, no less. It's never as easy as it looks.
And he's been Beanpot MVP twice, had two excellent WJCs with less then ideal linemates, won two national championships, including being his teams best player for the second won, and been the youngest player invited to the WC for the US in god knows how many years.

Yet he's never looked better then when he was playing with the Rangers in the playoffs. For the foreseeable future, he will be getting minutes with skill centers like Richards and Stepan, as well as a defense core that can't shoot for ****, but they all have excellent passing skills.

I agree, it's a tough transition to the AHL. I don't think his stats (which aren't even terrible) are a representation of "learning the ropes" though.