View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 06:15 PM
pdd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob616 View Post
I'm getting tired of Detroit fans saying Zetterberg/Datsyuk are underrated. They really aren't. Zetterberg won the Conn Smythe, Datsyuk is widely respected (absurdly so on hfboards), and nobody badmouths either of them. I don't understand how he could be underrated.
Nobody gives Zetterberg credit as an elite center. He had an almost identical scoring pace (points per minute) to Henrik Sedin and only slightly behind Claude Giroux last year at even strength, while playing Selke-type defense. The guy is one of the absolute elite forwards in hockey and isn't even mentioned anymore in discussions about top forwards. He would have been ahead of both if you take away secondary assists. Some other players he was ahead of in ESP/60: Pavel Datsyuk, Jonathan Toews, Phil Kessel, Marian Gaborik, Joe Thornton, and just about everyone else in the league.

Datsyuk I think is underrated on HFboards becaue everyone goes on about how overrated he is. There are realistically only a handful of forwards on his level in the entire league. But it's the trend right now to hate on two-way play, which means players like Dats, Z, Toews, Sharp, Hossa and Elias will be tossed aside en masse in favor of players like Stamkos, D.Sedin, H.Sedin, Kessel, and Perry. Which isn't right IMHO.

Last edited by pdd: 11-17-2012 at 06:28 PM.
pdd is offline   Reply With Quote