The All Purpose Lu Thread (MOD WARNING IN OP)
View Single Post
11-17-2012, 06:15 PM
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Leaf Land
Originally Posted by
That would make sense if Burke was the GM of the Panthers.
Toronto doesn't have any leverage on Gillis
. Tallon might *if* Luongo forces a move.
Of course we don't.
All that's happen is.
1. Likely the cap will come down by as much as 10 million leaving you guys with as much $10 million over cap. You could then use amnesty on Ballard but that still wouldn't cover all of it.
2. You've signed the Schneider for 3 more years @ $4 million a season.(not back up money) Leaving you guys with $9.3 million tied up in two goalies.
3. Luongo has said he has no desire to stay if he's not the #1
4. Massive contract(term wise) with still roughly $43 million owed to him over the next 7 years.
5. Other supposed competitors for Luongo don't have the financial wherewithal to afford nearly $7 million a season for the next 6 seasons.
So ya no leverage at all.
View Public Profile
Rare Jewel's albums
Find More Posts by Rare Jewel