View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 06:34 PM
Bob E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
I'm tracking way off topic but here we go:

Antro is a really interesting guy, even in the stats world. He's not an ideal top6 guy anymore but a solid support peice for the 3rd line on a team running 3 scoring lines (which is what Noel/Chevy talked about last season and obviously are doing with the additions of Poni and Jokinen).
What makes him so interesting to me, is that he matches Wellwood almost identically in so many stats:
*they faced the same quality of competition
*they averaged the same amount of TOI
*they scored goals and created primary assits at the exact same rate (well actually Antro was 0.03g/60min and 0.02A1/60 min better lol)
But at they have three stark differences (stat wise):
*Wellwood destroys Antropov corsi wise (RelCorsi 15.8 vs 1.5)
*Wellwood's sh% is inflated
*so was his Ozone starts
I think he's quite underated, but replaceable (but not from our system currently).

Hainsey is Hainsey. He's had better results with Bogosian than anyone we have (had) tried with Bogo (Stuart *shudder*, Oduya, Kulda, Festerling, and even technically Enstrom)... but I' personally would much rather him as our #5 and not our #4. While we still have Buff (and wait for Trouba), I'd personally like to see if we could upgrade him and re-sign him for reasonable 3rd pairing price:
Enstrom-Byfuglien, ???-Bogosian, Hainsey-Postma, Stuart-Clitsome/Redmond

The answer to that question... is that there is a good reason I'm not a GM
Buuut I'd probably stick with the guy I think is likely to be a star (MacKinnon) unless I think that the best guy I could get with the trades is close enough to the star guy.
TBH, Antro as a 3rd line guy doesn't really do it for me. I'd rather see a guy like Jannik Hansen there instead.