The All Purpose Lu Thread (MOD WARNING IN OP)
View Single Post
11-17-2012, 07:36 PM
Join Date: Jun 2012
Originally Posted by
Of course we don't.
All that's happen is.
1. Likely the cap will come down by as much as 10 million leaving you guys with as much $10 million over cap. You could then use amnesty on Ballard but that still wouldn't cover all of it.
2. You've signed the Schneider for 3 more years @ $4 million a season.(not back up money) Leaving you guys with $9.3 million tied up in two goalies.
3. Luongo has said he has no desire to stay if he's not the #1
4. Massive contract(term wise) with still roughly $43 million owed to him over the next 7 years.
5. Other supposed competitors for Luongo don't have the financial wherewithal to afford nearly $7 million a season for the next 6 seasons.
So ya no leverage at all.
#1 currently we would be 7 mil over the cap with at least 8.5 mil coming off the cap, if we traded Ballard or even waved him we would then be under by 6.7 mil if my math is correct and need to replace just a handful of guys. So that sounds like a real dire cap.
#2 someone pointed out that the 9.3 mil in our two goalies, is actually less as a % against the cap then when we first traded for and signed Lui for 6.7 mil against the cap.
#3 No he has never said that. This is a complete lie. He has said maybe it is time to move on, and that he has no problem coming back, and playing and competing for the starting job.
#4 This argument makes no sense. Either it is great to have a goalie locked up for a long term, with a great cap hit I might add. Some comparisons Rinne owed 49 mil, Lunquist about 42 mil, hell Bryz is owed like 54 mil.
#5 who knows without a new cap in place, but my guess is Katz would have no problem taking on this contract in EDM, and we know FLA owner has oked taking on this much money, so I would also say this is %100 wrong.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by racerjoe