View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 07:40 PM
marty111

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
I'm glad you finally put some players out there. And this value is actually decent. Definitely something Gillis could seriously consider. I have to admit I am surprised.
I don't know why you are surprised. I only put variables out there since more than the Leafs are potential destinations.

I stated reasons I think Gillis has to trade Luongo and that Lu has more control than most people predict.

I stated other reasons (for the Leafs perspective) why Burke has other options available to him.

That's all. I don't get why people are assuming my two posts meant that Vancouver is screwed and can be taken advantage of? I meant to point out some valid realities that exist in the current circumstances. Perhaps had I posted what I thought Lu's value was than not many would be up in arms?

Anyway, Lupul [depending on circumstances], a potentially higher 1st round pick in 2014 [exchange], a B Prospect like Colbourne and a short term cap dump in Lombardi is pretty good value for both sides so I am glad we agree.

Vancouver picks up some useful upgrades [current and futures] from Toronto but not at the expense of Toronto's young assets, retainable core pieces or 1st in 2013. Toronto upgrades with Lu. Win ,win.