View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 06:47 PM
Spawn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
It's ridiculous for you to say that Pitlick is close to a bust. Seems like a post from somebody who looks at stats and hasn't watched many games.
Pitlick was one of the better Barons towards the end of the season last year and in the playoffs, he has also had some excellent games this season. I have rarely seen a player so snakebitten, he has hit several posts and has come close to scoring on numerous occasions, he also brings a physical element to the game which few Oilers forwards and prospects do.

I would also like to see him score more and he certainly has the ability with his speed and shot but he is far from a bust. I'll bet that he is in the NHL within 2 years.
Hamilton, on the other hand, i don't have much faith in.
Also, Rajala and Cornet have virtually no chance to be NHLers so what's the point in sending Pitlick down to bring one of them up, the AHL is a developmental league for future NHLers.
I remember the same things were said about Patrick O'Sullivan when he first got to Edmonton. Just couldn't catch a break, was hitting posts left and right but otherwise played well. The excuse wears out rather quickly once you get into a second year of zero production. Watching a player is great. But when he has zero results this far into his pro career it is scary. I assure you I would love to be wrong. But Pitlick is dangerously close to being a bust. The rest of the season goes at this one has and last season has how could you say otherwise?

Its funny. When he was drafted we all hoped he would be a 2nd line center for the team. Now we are talking about third liner. How long until 4th line? How long after that to wondering what ever happened to that guy.