View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 08:16 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
I don't want to speculate on the CBA. If it comes to it Gilman will find a way to dump expensive supporting players (Ballard, Manny) and keep our franchise player.
If he's truly your "franchise" player then why is there discussion about him being traded?

It's clear that he's not, Or Schneider would have been moved before they re-signed him. It's quite clear that the management and coaching staff have chosen Schneider over him, And there no greater example of this then Luongo not playing against L.A in the 2 elimination games in the playoffs this past spring.

Quote:
Canucks can afford to spend 9.3M for the best goalie duo when our best players make 6.1M, 5M and 4.5M.
Not really, If you could be potentially $10 million over the cap still.

Quote:
Source? Either way Luongo won't become a 20 game backup if he stays. 1A/1B with 2 elite goalies is much better than a tandem of 2 backups.
I'm sure He'll love that. 33 years old and watching half the time. This a guy who usually plays 65+ games a year.

Quote:
New CBA could allow Canucks to pay portion of salary. Once again pointless to speculate on a new CBA.
Even paying a portion of his salary with that much term and money wouldn't make a huge difference when concerning his value. I'm pretty sure the whole point of trading him is moving the money else where.

Quote:
Chicago and EDM can both pay it easily. Tallon asked FLA ownership, they OK'd it (rumor).

Well if you want to send him to a divisional rival or a team that has emerged has your #1 rival, Then be my guess. Also, I can't see them having the appetite to send what some Vancouver fans are asking for inside their own division or conference.

Quote:
Exactly. If the Canucks are forced to deal Luongo the Leafs aren't in a position of strength. They'd be at best tied with other lottery teams like EDM/CBJ and behind contenders like CHI. FLA would be the only team to demand a lower price.
I was being fascias.

Also Columbus?!? Where did they come from? That doesn't work for a many reasons.