View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 08:45 PM
BadgerKnight

vCash: 500
Weak Links

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings87 View Post
Buyouts of weak links?? This sounds very intriguing if it's true. Anyone else have comments/ info regarding this?
Your query is similar to my own curiosity. However, the EMC has a recent article entitled, Municipality signs 3 year agreement with Kemptville 73s. This new agreement covers ice costs, logos, advertising and sponsorship.
http://www.emckemptville.ca/20121115...ptville+73%27s
This news article might suggest the 73s would be around till the end of the 14/15 season.

The OJHL has contracted the number of teams from, I believe, 31 down to 22 in recent years. The contractions were an effort to reduce the watering down of the teams and enhance the competitiveness along with making the teams more attractive to players to move to Ontario. Maybe the CCHL is considering something along the same lines.

The west has historically placed strong teams at the Royal Bank Cup (RBC) and that was even after the teams played best of seven series (Man. vs. Sask & Albera vs. BC). It is my understanding that those four leagues will now compete in a tourney similar to the Fred Page Cup and send two reps to the RBC. The reps might be fresher after not having to bash each other in a long 7 game series.

So should the CCHL go down to an eight team league?