View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 10:12 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
I'm playing Devils Advocate here, because under almost no circumstances do I want to deal Anderson to you guys, but:

$3.187 + $2.67 = $5.857.

$5.857 would be in the bottom 1/3rd of all Goalie combos (combined starter + backup salaries) in the league. Hardly expensive, all things considered.

... you still can't have Anderson, though.

*EDIT*
I was half right: $5.857 would put them exactly 15th in the league in combined salary. Right in the middle. Whether it is "too expensive" or not is open to debate.

Teams with goalie combos who earn less than $5.857:
- Anaheim, Colorado, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Florida (obviously), LA (not for long, though), Ottawa, Phoenix, San Jose, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Toronto, Washington, Winnipeg.
Hawks have terrible contracts like Olesz/Montador to deal with... Cant afford 5.8M on goaltending (None of which is close to elite)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
I'd rather move a prospect if possible to Chicago for Hjalmmer.
Don't expect to get any of Zibanejad/Silfverberg/Stone/Lehner, of course, but what about:

Matt Puempel
for
Hjalmarsson + a mid round pick?

Hawks get a 1st round guy with a real scoring touch, we get the defenceman we need?

... I included a mid round pick because that seems to be a common theme on the trades board. Everyone adds "a 4th rounder" to everything, but seeing as how I'm not a greedy guy, I'll settle for a 5th.
So Hawks get a prospect who is gonna be hit or miss and give up a pick while giving up a NHL top 4 dman?

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote