View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 10:09 PM
WingedWheel1987
Ken Holland's office

vCash: 500
Datsyuk was and still is a mystery wrapped in an enigma. He is not a person who really cares about the celebrity life or the perks you get from it. He plays hockey because its fun and there is no doubt in my mind that he would enjoy playing hockey in Russia just as much as he does in Detroit if the circumstances were right. I hope he doesn't leave because he is the type of player who can still be very effective for several more years. Him leaving would destroy the wings. I really don't see anything in the pipe line that gives me any hope. The drop off from yzerman/fedorov was pretty big from Datsyuk/zetterberg and I think there will be another drop off from the next generation. The late draft picks and the fact that Detroit doesn't own Europe anymore just makes it very hard to believe we have another super star in the making. I see Detroit's drafting philosophy changing the DNA of the wings from elite/super star players to a more gritty every player is similarly skilled system that helped Boston win the cup. Detroit can still draft well, but I don't think the old system is realistic.

WingedWheel1987 is online now   Reply With Quote