View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 10:12 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

vCash: 500
Even then, I knew drunk driving was illegal. I knew it was MORE dangerous than driving sober.
But I can only think of one time I got behind the wheel where, when I got home, I knew I really shouldn't have done that.

I was afraid of the tickets/fines/sentences. Not about going through a stop sign or driving the wrong way on a one-way street (which I did in downtown Holland today, perfectly sober )

It's true, my reaction time wouldn't have been as good if something happened. But like I said, I was cautious as hell

Drunk driving is not a good idea. It's against the law, and for good reason.

But today's drinking generation, thanks to Lifetime movies, DARE programs in schools, etc, really blows it out of proportion.

Compared to the crew we partied with, I was the responsible one. I'd stop drinking an hour before closing. I also didn't get in the car, get rowdy and and crazy like some friends.

I remember my buddy and I were walking home one night drunk and high and one of our friends pulled up in a minivan with three other guys. They were drinking 40 ouncers right in the van. We somehow got talked into getting in... he pulled into a BMW sales lot, covered with fresh snow, and started doing donuts in the parking lot.... unbelievably, he didn't crash into one of the new cars ... craziest dude in the neighborhood.

we made a pitstop at a local store and when he went into the store, we got out of the van and ran. .... ahhhhh youth...

Crazy as it was, I wouldn't trade it for the overscheduled, every-hour-is-in-the-day-planner existence of today's kids.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote