View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 10:42 PM
P U L L H A R D

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Crazy as it was, I wouldn't trade it for the overscheduled, every-hour-is-in-the-day-planner existence of today's kids.
This part I will gladly agree with.

But...

Driving drunk is my biggest regret in life. I've never felt worse than after I did it. I still feel guilty about it today. And I'm not talking about the "I've had 1 beer and just started my 2nd, but my buddy from 8 minutes away can't get a lift and won't walk over, so I will carefully drive 3 streets over to get him" kind of drunk. There was a point in my life, a few years ago, when I had a drinking problem, and would booze every chance I got. I would be driving drunk at 5 in the morning, after drinking all night long, nearly blackout drunk. I could've killed someone, or myself, incredibly easily. Those were the dumbest few decisions that I've ever made (happened 3 or 4 times). To say I feel fortunate to have gotten through those nights unscathed is an understatement, and I'm glad that I realized I had a problem before it was too late. There is no rationalizing drunk driving. 1or2 drinks with dinner, for a big guy who can handle their booze, fine. If I have a drink with a meal I am not even remotely tipsy, although I maintain a 0 tolerance standard with myself, I wouldn't be pissed if my Dad had a beer with dinner and went out. But if you're doing some legitimate drinking and decide to get in the car, you're making an awful decision.

Hopefully Riley learns from this.

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote