View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 10:42 PM
Eternal Sunshine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Crazy as it was, I wouldn't trade it for the overscheduled, every-hour-is-in-the-day-planner existence of today's kids.
This part I will gladly agree with.

But...

Driving drunk is my biggest regret in life. I've never felt worse than after I did it. I still feel guilty about it today. And I'm not talking about the "I've had 1 beer and just started my 2nd, but my buddy from 8 minutes away can't get a lift and won't walk over, so I will carefully drive 3 streets over to get him" kind of drunk. There was a point in my life, a few years ago, when I had a drinking problem, and would booze every chance I got. I would be driving drunk at 5 in the morning, after drinking all night long, nearly blackout drunk. I could've killed someone, or myself, incredibly easily. Those were the dumbest few decisions that I've ever made (happened 3 or 4 times). To say I feel fortunate to have gotten through those nights unscathed is an understatement, and I'm glad that I realized I had a problem before it was too late. There is no rationalizing drunk driving. 1or2 drinks with dinner, for a big guy who can handle their booze, fine. If I have a drink with a meal I am not even remotely tipsy, although I maintain a 0 tolerance standard with myself, I wouldn't be pissed if my Dad had a beer with dinner and went out. But if you're doing some legitimate drinking and decide to get in the car, you're making an awful decision.

Hopefully Riley learns from this.

Eternal Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote