Thread: Value of: Defensive help to Ottawa
View Single Post
Old
11-17-2012, 11:12 PM
P U L L H A R D

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Well that's good, because I like Tallinder's contract one HELL of a lot more than I like Volchenkov's. I mean, if we'd wanted to keep Volch at that price, we would have.

In any case, if you're looking for an NHL-ready forward off our roster, you might be disappointed. I think if the Sens are going to make a move for a defenceman, we'll be dealing from our position of strength: prospects. We're not exactly deep at the moment... I could see us offering a guy like Condra, or Regin. Obviously we'd offer a guy like Daugavins, but you don't want him... wait: you guys signed Butler, who is worse than Daug... Maybe you DO want him? Even if you do want him, Tallinder > Daugavins. Obviously.

I might do a depth guy + a mid-tier prospect? That's the thing: we're not in any position to deal a top-9 forward, as we're probably just as shallow as you guys in the top 9. We have a RIDICULOUS number of 4th line players, though.

So unless you're looking for "futures" (in which case, we're one of the deepest teams in the league), I don't see a fit.
Basically, you guys traded your "extra" forward for D, already. Murray saw Foligno as expendable, yet valuable enough to get a useful player in Methot. Hard to do the same move again, now.

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote