View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 12:46 AM
SDig14

vCash: 500
At this point, the Cabrera signing is a good risk IMO. AA said that he would sit back and wait for the right player in LF, so it makes you wonder whether Melky's agent contacted AA after the big deal went down.

Either way, the guy is a contact player batting in the 2 hole, testing positive shouldn't be a massive detriment like it is for some power hitters. There will be a drop-off I'm sure, I just don't think he will fall off a cliff.

It will be nice to have 2 guys that can actually hit .300 in front of Jose this year, with speed as a bonus, should be ripe for Jose to put up the biggest numbers of his career if he is healthy and on his game.

Izturis and Bonafacio at 2nd seems likely, don't see them upgrading that spot at all.

I could see them trading JP, I don't think they will deal Gose at all. Rumours lots of teams like him, but I think the Jays want to hang on to him.

I see them adding an arm. Like an above poster mentioned, Marcum may make sense. He was interviewed after the season and he essentially said he could see himself being a Jay next year, so it would not shock me if they already made an offer to him and he is trying to make a decision.

Marcum on a 2 year deal seems to make too much sense IMO.

If they add an arm and perhaps some pen depth they will ready to roll. Can't expect much more in one offseason.