Thread: Which D is out?
View Single Post
Old
05-22-2006, 09:31 PM
habsfan92

vCash: 500
I am all for cost, but not at the expense of improving the team. I want the best player possible for a reasonable amount of money, not someone who tries but does not achieve (because he lacks the ability).
Bouillion must go, or come back as a seventh. His hard work is appreciated, but at some point you must make the move to get better. He gets way too many minutes without providing the return we need to get better as a team. This isn't peewee, and results is what we are driving for.
Time to stop sitting on the fence, and make the move to get another left-dman that step in physically and offensively produce where Bouillion could not.
For a great scater and puck mover, I think that his 22 points can easily be replaced by someone with an upside.
Ideally, moving Rivet in addition to other assets to acquire either a good dman or sizeable skill upfront should also be a move BG should make. Have to move one of Rivet or Souray, and I think Souray still has more usefullness on the pp and in front of the net.
As a footnote, pairing Bouillion and Komisarek would greatly affect Komi's progress. Komisarek need tutoring from someone who is effective at defending, not a glorified ahl player.

habsfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote