View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 01:37 AM
Spawn

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Pitlick if all else fails can be a 3rd/4th line NHLer that adds physical play and grit to your team while not being a slug on the ice. What do Rajala and Cornet bring unless they miraculously become 2nd line NHLers? Hamilton may very well bust, TBH I am very concerned with him at this point. However they both have 2 more years beyond this one before they become waiver eligible. I am not ready to write off either of these guys or Martindale since they have basically 2 3/4 years to get bigger/stronger/better before we potentially lose them on waivers and all 3 potentially add size and grit. Hamilton is a guy that IMO might be best served to get top line, PP and PK minutes in Stockton for 20-30 games or at least until the lockout ends. Pitlick on the other hand needs to play in the AHL and hone his game there.
If things keep going now why would we ever need to worry about waivers? I hate being the super negative one here, and I have tried not to usually. But I can't help but feeling that we are wasting our time with these guys.

It shouldn't take this long for prospects that are supposed to be promising to make an impact at the AHL level. It just shouldn't. Our forward prospects as a whole just bring absolutely zero to the table. Thank god for the brilliant Eberle pick and three first overalls picks because there is zero in the cupboard in terms of offensive potential. Hopefully Hartikainen or Paajarvi can be a saving grace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious Pancakes View Post
He just turned 21. To say he's close to being a bust a quarter of the way through his second pro season is ridiculous. I'd be quite happy with him as a 3rd or 4th liner. Clearly the Oilers could use an upgrade at 2C but Pitlick's not a bust just because he's not the answer there.
Three years after a draft for a supposed offensive player is more than enough time for him to start showing some offense at the AHL level. We aren't talking about a rookie struggling in the NHL here, this is his second pro season in the AHL and he is in a position to consistently get the easy match ups when the big 3 are down there taking on other teams best.