Thread: Prospect Info: Prospect Index 2012-2013
View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 03:32 AM
PensFan6687

vCash: 500
And he's still a 19-year-old posting these numbers. He was 18-19 when he hit 72 in 67 games. People have to figure when a guy's Birthday is. He's still a 19-year-old producing phenomenal numbers and plays a solid complete game. He's offensive, defensive, and physical for a guy his size. He's a great combination of speed, grit, heart, and offence, and plays smart in his team's end. I think he has an outside chance of making the WJC squad, but I wouldn't count him out yet, especially with the year he's been having. If he somehow manages to take it to a whole other level, I think if you're the guys running the Canadian squad, you have to give him a long look. You would be foolish not to. Draft selection aside, I think what a player has done this past year should and has more credibility vs. the hype machine pimping a player by the media. He did play in the Subway Super Series for Team OHL for one game. Granted it's one of the 3 major leagues that comprise the CHL, but it still says something, and from a fan's perspective in the Catenacci thread in the Prospect's section who who went to the game observed (that's a mouthful!), he was the best overall forward for Team OHL in that game, even over Ryan Strome.

A mature player who plays a complete game putting up dominating numbers on one of the best Junior teams in the CHL this season... yeah, Team Canada won't ignore that. Some think it's foolish that he'll get a look. I think it's foolish for those to believe he won't.

Last edited by PensFan6687: 11-18-2012 at 03:39 AM.