Thread: Proposal: Vancouver-Winnipeg
View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 04:55 AM
Phenomenon13

vCash: 500
Ballard currently doesnt hold much value. It would be very difficult to trade him. People should just give up on it unless the canucks are trading Ballard for a low pick or a similar cap dump.... Hypothetically, wouldn't the islanders be a better partner to trade Ballard to cause I hear Snow has trouble getting servicable NHL defencemen. Maybe we can pry a center or a struggling okposko if possible. Perhaps its too much wishful thinking.

If Edler was signed, he has more value than Byfuglien but if the season were to start now and he still had a year in his deal their value might be the same. I believe Edler is a top 20 if not top 15 defensman in the league. Personally I believe Canucks should keep Edler because that potentially gives them two shut down pairings. Depth is really important in the playoffs. Canucks also use this depth to cover the weakness taht they do not have a true number one. Byfuglien is not needed either because Garrison can play the right side and has just as good of a powerful shot and a better defensive player.

Phenomenon13 is offline   Reply With Quote