Old
11-18-2012, 07:51 AM
glovesave_35
Name

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
Dogs fan reporting in.

Ritchie is great because, as you said, he looks good in a checking role. He is big and strong enough to do pure dirty work, but because of his talent level and nose for the net, he will create offense occasionally, too, even if he doesn't have the skilled/playmaking linemates.

Now that the trio of Theoret - Strome - Ritchie has found their groove, the confidence is clearly there. I was at the 67s-Dogs game today and the line is just unstoppable. The 67s did a good job of getting on them, but if Theo had had a few more bounces go his way, or a few more of Ritchie's shots had gotten through, their line would've had many more points.

Basically, the Stars should have a solid 3rd/2nd liner with size, strength, and skill. He is the type of guy who you can plug into your middle 6 and let him crash and bang. If he were to get the opportunity to play on a first line with a skilled C, along the lines of a Strome (see: D. Roy), I think he could hack it there, too. But only if you're spreading your wingers out.

The guy on the previous page who said slow down with the Benn comparisons - yeah, you're right. I think Ritchie deserves some hype too, though.
Thanks for the first hand info. "Middle 6" winger is how I think of him in the future, with the ability to play a 1st line role depending on circumstances. I'll try to keep my expectations realistic and if he exceeds them then all the better.