View Single Post
Old
11-18-2012, 07:55 AM
msv957

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
It's all in the learning. Whether he's doing well or not, it's all learning at the end of the day. He is the player that he is and how he adapts and learns some critically important things before the start of his NHL career is merely a process. I know this may sound too big picture and even ignorant of a few struggles he's had. I said a few months ago that his struggling in the AHL will be better than pure domination. Gain experience, work on a few things and when the time comes, I'm sure BR, Cally, Nash etc. will take him under their wing and help him with thinking about his game. A lot of younger players have the talent and size but struggles to deliver on the score sheet and CK is no different I suppose.
Great post. Kreider is being developed just about the perfect way for a prospect to be brought up. He played a few years in college, had a few cups of coffee in the playoffs learning from true veterans and professionals such as Richards and Callahan and now is in the AHL to round out his game. When he makes it back to the NHL he wont have the pressure to be the "man" on this team as this team is littered with stars and professionals such as Nash, Richards, Gaborik, Callahan and etc. It is an almost impossible situation for Kreider to fail.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote